Here is the most complete E Reader Comparison Chart for 2020. Hope the information contained here will help you choose the right e reader to suit your needs. If there is an e ink reader that you would like to have included, feel free to leave a comment below;
6 Inch E Ink Reader Comparison Chart 2020
|Kindle Paperwhite 4||Kindle 2019||Kobo Aura||Nook Glowlight 3|
|1024×758||1072 x 1448|
|LED Front Lighting||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Display Type||E Ink Carta||E Ink Carta||E Ink||E Ink|
|TTS using Bluetooth,|
|Formats||AZW, AZW3, |
MOBI, PRC, KFX
|AZW, AZW3, |
MOBI, PRC, KFX
|EPUB, PDF, |
TXT, HTML, RTF,
MOBI, CBR, CBZ
|Battery life||2-5 weeks||2-4 weeks||2-5 weeks||2-5 weeks|
|Get it Now!||Get yours today!||Get yours now!||Buy yours now!||Get one now!|
7-8 Inch E Reader Comparison Chart 2020
|Kindle Oasis 2019||Likebook Mars E-Reader||Boox Nova Pro|
Micro SD card
|LED Front Lighting||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Display Type||E Ink Carta||E Ink||E Ink Carta|
MOBI, PRC, KFX
|EPUB, PDF, TXT, |
HTML, RTF, MOBI,
CHM, DOC, FB2
|EPUB, PDF, FB2, |
MOBI, PRC, TXT,
RTF, HTML, HTM,
CHM, PDB, DJVU
|Battery Life||Up to 6 weeks||Up to 3 weeks||Up to 4 weeks|
|Get it Now!||Get yours now!||Buy one now!||Buy one now!|
Large E Reader Comparison Table 2020
|BOOX Note2||BOOX Max3||Remarkable||Sony DPT-RP1/B|
|Android||Yes (9.0(||Yes (9.0)||No||No|
|LED Front Lighting||No||No||No||No|
|Display Type||E Ink Carta||E Ink Carta||E-ink Carta||E Ink|
USB-C earphone jack
|Formats||EPUB, PDF, FB2, |
MOBI, PRC, TXT,
RTF, HTML, HTM,
CHM, PDB, DJVU
|TXT, HTML, RTF, |
FB2, FB2.zip, FB3,
DOC, DOCX, PRC,
MOBI, CHM, PDB,
EPUB, JPG, PNG,
PDF, DjVu, MP3,
|Battery Life||1-4 weeks||1-4 weeks||Less than a week||1-3 weeks|
|Buy from Amazon||Get yours today!||Buy yours today!||Check it out!||Get it Now!|
Brief Notes: E-Ink Reader Comparison Charts 2020
Here are brief notes on the e reader comparison tables that are given above. I will not bore you with a ten thousand word article here. Maybe I will just get to 5000 words…. kidding! Anyway, let us take a lot at each of the three categories that are represented in the tables above;
6″ E Reader Comparison 2020
This, without a doubt, is the most popular category when it comes to e ink readers. 6 inches occupies that sweet spot between portability and functionality. If you have ever owned an e-ink reader, you will understand that part of the joy comes from being able to stick one into the pocket and taking it to wherever it is that you wish to go. With the age of waterproof e readers now appearing to be firmly anchored on us, there can is no longer limit to the places where you can take your e reader, right?
Well, I wouldn’t go so far as to willfully dip mine into the pool. I own a Kindle Paperwhite 4, by the way. Not that I am entirely boring. Though I am conservative, I have been “accidentally,” caught in the rain once or twice. The good news is that, as far as I can tell, no Kindles were harmed during the course of that particular experiment. I mean, what’s the point of owning a waterproof gadget, if you never test whether or not the thing really is waterproof? So, what are the most popular e-ink readers in the 6″ category?
Popular E-Ink Readers in the 6″ Category
The following are some of the most popular e-ink readers in the 6″ category. The list is, by no means, exhaustive. I will continue adding to the list as I learn more. Meanwhile, here is what we have at the moment;
- Kindle Paperwhite 10 Generation
- Kindle 2019
- Kobo Aura
- Nook Glowlight 3
Which one should you go for?
I am definitely not going to prescribe one device over the others in this e-reader comparison. That’s because the best e ink reader for one person may not necessarily be good for another. Fact is, what you choose is going to be dependent on a wide range of factors;
- Your needs
- Your budget
- Your tastes
Anyway, the reason for this eBook reader comparison chart is to make sure that you can, at a glance, check out whether or not one device is best for your needs.
Advantages of choosing an e ink reader in the 6″ category
If you are wondering whether or not the 6″ e ink reader category is best for you, then here are a few advantages of buying eBook readers of this size;
- Portability: I have already mentioned this advantage of 6 inch tablet. They are convenient to carry and can be slipped into a pocket.
- Affordability: They are the least expensive of all the e-ink readers that are out there.
- They are the size of real novels: If you miss made-of-paper books, then this form factor will appeal to you.
Disadvantages of the 6″ form factor for eBook readers
The 6 inch size for e-ink readers does come with a couple of disadvantages;
- They are actually more than 6 inches: Some of the devices have bezels that are too large. As such, a device such as the Kindle Paperwhite 3 is not really 6 inches. More like 7 inches. I mean, when I had one, it was easier to slip my Google Nexus 7 into the pocket than the Kindle Paperwhite 3.
- They are not meant for creativity and productivity: If you are a university student wanting to jot down notes during your lectures, as an example, then 6″ e-ink tablets will not do for you. That’s because almost all of them were designed for reading and not for productivity. And, even if they were to be designed for writing, 6 inches is a bit too small to be used as a comfortable notebook.
Having said that, it’s worth noting that if you simply with to use your e ink reader for reading novels and other books, then this is the perfect category for you.
7-8″ eBook Reader Comparison 2020
The 7-8″ E Inc Reader Category is, to be frank, only a step further from the 6″ category. E book readers in this category will appeal to those that need a little more real estate on their screens.
E Reader in the 7-8 inches category
If you are looking for an e-ink tablet in the 7-8 inches range, the good news is that you have a few choices. No doubt, you will be able to find one that suits your needs;
- Kindle Oasis
- Lifebook Mars
- Boox Nova
Which 7-8 inch e-ink tablet should you choose?
Again, our list is not exhausting. However, there are some interesting options in the 7-8″ e-ink reader category. The Kindle Oasis, as an example, is the premium e-ink reader from Amazon. You will definitely not go wrong by going for this option.
Advantages of buying readers in this category
There are a few advantages of choosing e-ink readers in this category;
- Performance: They tend to perform better than 6″ e readers. The Kindle Oasis, as an example, is a vast improvement, in terms of performance, when compared to the Kindle Paperwhite.
- A bigger screen: Another advantage of buying eBook readers that are above 6″ is that you get a bigger screen. That’s good because text on the screen will also appear larger.
Disadvantages of 7″ e readers
E readers in the 7-8″ category do come with a few disadvantages;
- More Expensive: They cost more than 6″ readers. Perhaps this has to do with the fact that the screen on an e-ink reader tends to be the most expensive component. So, the bigger it gets the more costly the device is going to be.
- A little less portable: Bigger e-ink readers are a little less portable. I personally find that 7″ is the limit if I want a gadget that can easily be slipped into the pocket.
Large E Ink Reader Comparison 2020
Here, we are classifying large e-ink readers as anything above 8″. Now, if you really wish to have an e-ink reader that you can use productively, then this is the option that you should go for. Not that I am saying there is anything unproductive about reading. However, if you are a college student wanting to jot down notes, then this is the kind of e-reader that you should opt for. All the eBook readers in this category come with stylus, and a number boast of a paper-like writing and reading experience.
E Ink Readers in the large category
The following are some of the e-ink readers that fall within the large category;
- Boox Note2
- Boox Max3
- Sony DPD-RP1/B
Which one should I opt for?
Again, I need to repeat that I will not prescribe anything here. You will have to carry out some research to find out which one is the best. Or read our reviews. The thing to note, in any case, is that you want to get an e-ink reader that’s suitable for you needs. If you are a student, as an example, you may wish to get one that has a stylus and one whose storage is enough for your needs.
Advantages of large e-ink readers
Here are a few advantages of large e-ink readers;
- Productivity: They are designed for creativity and productivity. If you want to get things done, then this is the device that you ought to go for.
- Flexible: A number of e-ink readers in the large category are flexible and versatile.
Disadvantages of large e-ink readers
Large e-ink readers do have their disadvantages;
- Lack of portability: They are so large that they can be difficult to carry around.
- No backlighting: All the large e-ink readers that are featured here do not come with backlighting. I wonder why that is the case? Is the technology difficult to implement on large e-ink readers? I wouldn’t think so!
Make your choice!
That’s it! Hope this article helps you make the right choice as far as getting the best e-ink reader is concerned. Feel free to browse through out site for more information on the best e readers that can be found out there. Otherwise leave a comment below!